Today has been a story of misadventures. I had to put my beloved MacBook to rest today. I opted for a ChromeBook, mainly because it's cheaper than every other computer right now and I have all of my files on Google as is. I really just wanted a working computer so that I could do today's blog. I had already started my pumpkins, so I did not want to wait to blog about them!
When I was re-reading this post, I almost forgot to mention.... I have my own domain name now! I am so excited, I know that this would not excite most people, but it elates me to the highest amount! Also, I have a new email address, if you would like to contact me about this blog email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AND other exciting news! I have my seller's permit, so if you would like to order something, please click on the Lost Girls Bakery tab and shoot me an email with the form!
I have been waiting for fall, just for the pumpkins, for the longest time. I love cooking with fresh pumpkin flesh. I want to make a whole weeks worth of blogs dedicated to it, that's how much I love them. Anyway, I decided to do something very fall-like and make a pumpkin and acorn squash soup. It's a very heavy soup, but it is so flavorful.
I hope you guys enjoy the fall food as much as I do!
Pumpkin and Acorn Squash Soup
- 2 Whole Pie Pumpkins or 4 small pumpkins
- 1 Acorn Squash
- 2 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Salt to taste
- Spoon full of Cream for serving
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (I cheated and didn't roast my own)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Place Pumpkins and Squash into oven
- Roast for an hour
- Cut top of the pumpkin
- Take out seeds of pumpkin and squash
- Gut Flesh of pumpkin and squash
- Put Vegetable broth on the stove to boil
- Add in Pumpkin and Squash Mixture
- Add maple syrup
- Heat for 10 minutes
- Put mixture in the blender
- Add Heavy Whipping Cream and Salt
- If you're feeling artsy put the soup into the pumpkin shells, put cream and pumpkin seeds on top
- <a href="http://www.hypersmash.com">www.Hypersmash.com</a>